A New Name
In recognition of the changing times and the enormous opportunities available to early childhood education systems and the workforce, the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® National Center, at Child Care Services Association, is changing the name of the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® and Child Care WAGE$® National Professional Development Symposium to reflect the Center’s evolving 50 state strategy to support the advancement of the Early Childhood workforce toward equitable access to education, fair compensation and workplace retention.
The symposium will now be known as the
Early Childhood Education Workforce Convening
Hosted by the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® National Center
The event will bring together professionals who are implementing and sustaining programs, strategies and funding that support early education systems nationally and in states and communities across the country, resulting in a well-educated, fairly compensated and stable early childhood workforce to ensure the long term success of our nation’s children in school and life.
Share your knowledge & experience with others in the field
Submit a proposal to present at the Early Childhood Education Workforce Convening by October 15, 2021.
This event brings together partners from across the country working on advocacy, policy, funding, strategy development and systems building in support of the education, compensation and stability of the early childhood education workforce. Attendees include staff of T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® and Child Care WAGE$® programs, state and national non-profit organization professionals, higher education faculty, state and national governmental agency personnel, funders and others working on early childhood education workforce issues.
We hope you will consider submitting a workshop proposal.
A New Schedule
In 2022, the Convening will take place over 2½ days (Wednesday-Friday, April 20-22, 2022). Each day will include a series of concurrent workshops and a large session (keynote, plenary and closing).
Who Should Attend
- Program staff from T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® and Child Care WAGE$® states
- Partners and professionals implementing and sustaining programs, strategies and funding that support early education systems, including those working in non-profit organizations, higher education institutions, state, local and national governmental agencies, funders and others working in or on behalf of early childhood education systems
- Workshops and panel presentations addressing early childhood education professional development systems, higher education, advocacy and public policy for all early childhood professionals and emergent leadership development for T.E.A.C.H. and WAGE$ program staff
- Nationally known speakers who address topics timely to the field
- Networking opportunities with peers from across the country
If you would like to receive more information about the convening, send us a message.
Thank you to our 2021 Symposium Platinum Sponsor
Previous Plenary Panel Presentation Video Links
- 2021 Keynote: Exploring and Ensuring Equitable Pathways Leading to a Diverse, Well Compensated and Professional Early Childhood Workforce
- 2021 Plenary Panel: Reimagining ChildCare Means Centering Equity
- 2021 Closing Presentation: From the Funders’ Perspective: Making the Case for Early Childhood Workforce Investment
- 2018 Plenary Panel: Education is a Game Changer
- 2016 Plenary Panel: Let’s Talk About it: Issues of Race, Gender and Equity in our Everyday Lives as Early Childhood Professionals