The T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® National Center holds true to a set of core values and guiding principles that define the character and culture of the center. These values and principles are a fundamental strength of our work, born out of knowledge and understanding developed through years of service to state and national early childhood education systems and through the growth and expansion of the center’s work. They are enduring qualities and shared convictions that we bring to our profession.
- Integrity — Safeguarding the quality of T.E.A.C.H. and WAGE$ as they grow nationally.
- Responsiveness — Providing timely technical assistance based on an understanding of the needs of our customers.
- Accountability — Promoting programs and practices that result in measurable outcomes.
- Equity — Valuing fairness and justice for all services and people.
- Effective and sustainable services — Providing programs, services and products based on current industry-driven research, data, and best practice.
“There is no way that we can be successful in moving towards a credentialed staff in early childhood programs unless strong partnerships are established with institutions of higher education. T.E.A.C.H. is paving the way with these institutions to ensure that there is access to degrees in early childhood and that the system is coherent for early childhood providers. They began this work step by step in North Carolina and these conversations are now underway across the country.”National Advocate